Grant Writing Info

For those looking to improve their grant writing skills, or maybe thinking of applying for their first grant I recommend, "The Artist's Guide to Grant Writing" by Gigi Rosenberg. I picked this book up recently and it is filled with useful information. Though much of it is geared to writers and artists in the USA, this writer still found lots of helpful advice that applied to the grant writing process in Canada. I will be keeping this book close at hand when I apply for my next grant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori,

How often do you have to go through the grant writing process? Is it yearly?

Mario

firstlinefiction said...

I usually apply for a few different ones each year. The Toronto Arts Council offers a grant for writers once a year, for example. And each level of government (city, province and federal) is like that.

That's enough filling in forms for me!

Cheers,
Lori